Attorney at Law

Deferred Pleas


Under Hawaii law, if you have no prior criminal record, you may be able to enter a special type of plea that sets aside your guilt after a period of probation.  This applies to most crimes, including felonies.  However, some type of crimes are specifically excluded.  This is also not automatic.  Unless the correct type of motion is made, the charges remain with you forever, unless you win your case.

There is also no guarantee that a judge will grant the motion, which is routinely objected to by the prosecution.  However, we have helped hundreds of people with this special plea in the past, so that they could learn from their mistake and get on with their lives with a clean record.



Home ] Up ] DUI ] Household Abuse ] Misdemeanors ] Felonies ] Federal Crimes ] Investigation ] Our Staff ] Links ] Military ]